Boys Wrestling Assistant Coach
Description: Assistant [Boys Wrestling] Coach
Reports To: Head Coach
This is a responsible position that requires working with the Head Coach in the implementation of the wrestling program. The work is under the direction of the Head Coach and involves assisting the Head Coach with general overall responsibility for the total wrestling program. The Assistant Coach must demonstrate an ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with the entire school community and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Required Experience or Training
Valid Illinois State Teaching, Substitute Certification, and/or ASEP or NFHS Certification
Knowledge of the sport
Previous coaching experience
Must have knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport
Carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and school administrator
To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamental, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector
- Motivates student athletes by example
- Assists with planning, coordinating and supervising a wrestling program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game. Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Adheres to the standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes
- Adheres to school and district policies and procedures
- Strict compliance with all IHSA rules and regulations
- Exercises and teaches control and care of school-owned equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned and/or administratively directed