Locust Grove Elementary - Speech Language Pathologist
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1022.10-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: SPEECH/LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
1. Valid Kentucky teaching certificate in the area of Speech and Language Pathology.
REPORTS TO: Director of Exceptional Children Education
JOB GOALS: To identify and evaluate children who may need Special Education, to meet with appropriate committees, and to assist in making appropriate educational recommendations. The Pathologist will serve with the Psychologists, the Educational Evaluator and other staff as support personnel to the Special Education teachers. In addition, the Pathologist will assist in placements and evaluations, and provide assistance to regular teachers who have Special Education students in the regular program. The Pathologist will provide the necessary services to identified students.
1. Administers appropriate battery of speech/language assessments within mandated timelines.
2. Writes and distributes reports for the tests administered to appropriate staff and parents within mandated timelines.
3. Attends ARC meetings, when appropriate, for which evaluations have been completed and discusses test results, and participates in committee decisions.
4. Assists regular and special education teachers in identifying appropriate materials and techniques for specific students.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education.
Classified and Certified Speech/Language Pathologists will be evaluated using the OPGES system.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on 187 contract days on the board-approved teacher salary schedule for certified or the board-approved SP salary schedule for classified.
Revised: August 24, 1998
Revised: November 23, 1998
Revised: October 30, 2014
Revised: August 3, 2015
Revised: November 2, 2018