1:1 Associate, HP
The Milford School District is seeking part-time 1:1 Special Education Associate to support a student in achieving the objectives written in their Individualized Education Programs (I.E.P.’s) by working with the special and regular education Teachers. This position will assist a student in fulfilling their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth resulting in academic success.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of child development, instructional strategies and practices applicable to assignment, and instructional goals and policies of Milford School District.
- Ability to assist with implementation of the instructional program and to participate in monitoring and ensuring appropriate student behavior.
- Ability to exhibit patient behavior and to work effectively with children, young adults, and staff members.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to perform all required tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with and support students with special needs.
- Knowledge of standard desktop computer hardware and software such as Microsoft Office products and database software.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts or its equivalent.
- Three years’ transferable experience is preferred.
SCHEDULE: Part-time, 27.5 hours per week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt