DHH Sign Language Interpreter
WORK DAY: 3 hours per day; Monday/Wednesday/Friday 12:45 PM - 3:45 PM, Tuesday/Thursday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Schedule; B-3-1
SALARY: $21.90 - $24.21
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interprets for students in a classroom setting.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minnesota certification for Educational Interpreters.
- Experience interpreting in an educational setting preferred.
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing students preferred.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
- Working with students who have behavioral challenges.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.