ELA Instructional Specialist
Job | Posted 4 months ago
JOB TITLE: Secondary Instructional Specialist
REPORTS TO: Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
PRIMARY PURPOSEThe Secondary Instructional Specialist is responsible for implementing the District’s instructional program and curriculum in the subject area or grade level designated in accordance with District goals, policies and procedures. The Secondary Instructional Specialist supports teachers in their efforts to prepare students to increase their academic performance to meet state standards.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
·Three years of experience of successful teaching
·Valid Texas teaching certificate
·Good motivational skills with students and teachers
·Experience in teaching other teachers
·General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
·Ability to evaluate student progress
·Ability to interpret assessment data
·Ability to access student needs
·Ability to provide differentiated instruction assistance
·Ability to work well with others
·Flexible and patient
MAJOR REPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Providing Staff Development
- Model effective instructional strategies for classroom teachers.
- Coach teachers to develop their capacity to reflect upon practice, generate ideas and increase professional self-awareness.
- Provide staff development / resources on effective tutorials and assist in developing a tutorial schedule.
- Promote an understanding of the grade level TEKS to administrators and teachers and how they are integrated within the curriculum.
- Request Directors assistance in staff development, as needed.
- Monitor the academic progress of identified students following STAAR interventions.
- Monitor the implementation of the SISD Student Success/STAAR Plan.
- Monitor the academic progress of identified students following interventions based on assessment data.
- Assisting with Effective Interventions
- Assist administrators and teachers with the planning and implementation of effective instructional interventions.
- Testing and Data Assistance
- Use the district data software to disaggregate assessment data.
- Train teachers to use the data software to disaggregate testing data.
- Assist administrators and teachers to use the data to identify students who need additional assistance.
- Facilitate Curriculum Based Assessment (CBA) testing.
- Maintain on-going communication with administrators, classroom teachers, and program directors.
- Maintain on-going communication with the Academic Intervention Coordinator and the Executive Director for Secondary School Improvement.
- Maintain constant communication with Associate Principal of Instruction about instructional needs, progress in interventions, teacher and student educational needs, etc.
- Report to work daily per your schedule approved by your campus principal.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will also require both traveling within the district and state wide. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.
Employee Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Program Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Spring Independent School District
Accounts Payable 16717 Ella Blvd., Houston, TX 77090
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558