2020/21 Crossing Guard
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To provide for and ensure the safety of students as they enter crosswalks going to and from school.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Direct and control all student traffic at designated school zone crosswalks.
- Assist students in safely crossing streets in marked school zone crosswalks.
- Calmly control safe crossings in assigned school crossing zones.
- Pleasantly and professionally greet all students, parents, and staff.
- Watch for suspicious persons around school zones and school property and promptly report to supervisor or campus.
- Notify appropriate school or transportation personnel of traffic hazards and inadequately marked school zones.
- Work collaboratively with campus administrators and staff
- Communicate regularly with campus administrators and supervisor regarding situations, parent concerns, student issues or other relevant school related topics.
- Write down license plates of cars which disregard traffic directions and report to supervisor.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Knowledge basic traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, teachers and all other staff.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry at least 30 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to 4 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand motions and use of both arms required.
- Ability to move in and out of crossing zone during shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 218, Leander, TX 78646
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558