Teacher Assistant - System of Care - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Teacher Assistant - System of Care
Job Title: Teacher Assistant - System of Care Reports To: Coordinator, System of Care and Crisis Team Classification: Paraprofessional (Clerical/Teacher Assistant) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 188 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Paraprofessional/Administrative Support Staff, Pay Grade 202 Contract: None Date Revised: 12/3/2019 Primary Purpose: Assist the System of Care Team in implementing the Response to Intervention process at multiple campuses across the district. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Minimum of 48 college hours or high school diploma/equivalent plus pass a District Assessment.
- Educational Aide Certification.
- Ability to work and communicate with children and adults.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with technology, including use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiar with motivational learning techniques.
- Special Education experience, preferred.
- MANDT or CPI Certification, preferred. (If not, training must occur in a timely manner upon hiring.)
Responsibilities: Instructional Support:
- Adhere to Texas Education Agency and district policies and procedures.
- Assist in implementing the Response to Intervention (RtI) process.
- Prepare and organize instructional materials and tools to support social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Assist in proper classroom management and implement daily schedule.
- Assist in record keeping and clerical duties.
- Assist in communicating with parents.
- Communication with administrators, staff, family, and System of Care team.
- Work with students individually or in small groups to reinforce social-emotional skills and concepts as determined by the RtI Process.
- Assist with testing of students for program purposes.
- Perform related duties (lunchroom supervision, bus duty, etc.) as required.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Using MANDT or CPI to de-escalate behaviors.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Moving small stacks of textbooks, boxes, equipment and other campus equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell Road, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558