Paraprofessional - HVAC-R
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Upper Valley Career Center
Open Position: Paraprofessional-HVACR
Location: Main High School Campus
Employment Begins: August 3, 2020
Application Deadline: When Filled
General Job Description:
The Upper Valley Career Center has an opening for a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration lab aide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a safe learning environment for all students and assure that school policies and guidelines are followed
- Assists the HVACR instructor with student supervision and daily educational and operational functions of the HVACR program
- Assists in the areas of record keeping, instructional preparation, lab organization and upkeep
- Participates in professional development activities related to the job description
- Available to provide sub coverage for other career technical programs when needed
- Participates in Advisory Committee functions
- Provides supervision of students outside of classroom (lunch room, assemblies)
- Provides evidence of possessing a high school diploma OR General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and a valid Driver’s License
- Meets the requirements to obtain a valid state department of education license appropriate for this position
- Possesses a minimum of 5 years of work experience in HVACR or Construction fields
- Displays a positive attitude and the willingness to work with high school students
- Has strong communication skills and is able to maintain an atmosphere of trust, fairness, and respect
- Consistently able to maintain a professional attitude, strict confidentiality, and the ability to interact with peers and supervisors in a manner conforming to the school philosophy
- Meets all mandated health screening requirements.
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment. Able to successfully pass a BCI/FBI background check.
- Maintains compliance with drug-free workplace rules, Board policies, and other applicable procedures/guidelines.
Appropriate placement on the Paraprofessional Salary Schedule to be determined by education and experience. Salary will range from $23,159.00 (Class I.9, Step 0) to $27,743.00 (Class I.9, Step 5). Base contract is 194 days. Minimum workday 7:45 a.m – 3:15 p.m. One-year contract with opportunity for renewal.
School Employees Retirement System, Worker’s Compensation, paid sick/personal leave, partial tuition reimbursement, and tax-sheltered retirement contributions. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance offered. Some benefits are a shared cost between the employee and the Board of Education.
Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by the Upper Valley Career Center.
This job posting description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. The information contained in this document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes, and unforeseen events.
Upper Valley Career Center Board of Education and its staff are dedicated to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, age, military status, ancestry, national origin, sex, religion, or disability. The Upper Valley Career Center is in compliance with the following federal laws: Title VI, VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the 1986 Immigration Reform & Control Act. The Upper Valley Career Center is in compliance with the Title IX regulations. The Title IX Building Coordinator/Grievance Officer Naomi Baker is located at the Upper Valley Career Center, 8811 Career Drive, Piqua, OH, 45356 (937) 778-1980, ext. 502. The Section 504 Coordinator/Grievance Officer Terry McMenamin is located at the Upper Valley Career Center, Adult Technology Center, 8901 Looney road, Piqua, OH, 45356, (937) 778-8419 ext. 255.
Upper Valley Career Center
8811 Career Drive, Piqua, OH 45356
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294