Elementary Physical Education Teacher
Position Title: Elementary Physical Education Teacher
Reports to: Building Principal
Location: Washington Elementary School
Salary & Benefits: Regionally competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and pursuant to the current JEA Agreement. Actual salary and benefits will be negotiated with finalists. Benefits include medical, vision, retirement, dental insurance, and life insurance.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent. Days per year: 180 days (9 months).
Required Qualifications: The individual employed for this position must possess the proper educational credentials, certifications, and experiences to serve as Physical Education Teacher for Jacksonville School District #117.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
An integral part of the evaluation process is that teachers meet the minimum performance expectations as they fulfill their job responsibilities. The following is a list of teacher responsibilities with expectations for performance as are appropriate to a teacher’s specific assignment.
- Meets and instructs students at designated locations and time.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment consistent with norms of the building program, appropriate to the classroom activity, and within the limits of available resources.
- Prepares for assigned classes and shows written evidence of preparation and implementation on request of the immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior.
- Provides an effective program of instruction based on the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved. This should include:
- Review of previously taught materials, as needed.
- Presentation of new material.
- Use of a variety of teaching materials and techniques.
- Evaluation of student progress on a regular basis.
- Use of district provided technologies where appropriate to instruction.
- Correlates individual instructional objectives with the philosophy, goals, and objectives stated for the District.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required and under reasonable and safe terms.
- Attends and participates in faculty, department, and required District meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional materials.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, other instructional, and the alignment of curriculum with state standards.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and colleagues concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative professional relationships with others.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with district policies and practices, including the use of district provided technologies.