Crestwood Elementary - Principal
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION - 1110-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: MIDDLE & ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS
1. Valid Kentucky Certificate for Grades 6-8 M/S or Grades K-5 Elem.
2. Minimum of three years teaching experience.
3. A Master's Degree or higher.
4. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SUPERVISES: All staff within the school
JOB GOAL: To use leadership, supervisory and administrative skills so as to promote the educational development of each child. The Principal, under the supervision of the Superintendent, has immediate charge and direction of the school. The Principal is responsible for the faithful and efficient performance of the duties of his staff. The Principal will observe the work of employees, advise as to discipline and instruction and instruct employees, advises to discipline expected and required. The Principal will be responsible for constant evaluation and supervision of employees and of the instructional program of his respective school.
1. Develops and implements School Improvement Plan, resulting in measurable improvement in student performance results.
2. Conducts regular faculty meetings which are devoted to pertinent school problems and improvement of instruction.
3. Is responsible to communicate in writing, needs for operating the school plant and grounds; prepares contracts for public use of the facilities in compliance with the Oldham County Board of Education policies; shall submit requests for equipment and supplies as directed by the superintendent’s designee.
4. Directs and supervises all personnel assigned to the building, certified and classified.
5. Responsible for close coordination and communication with the school parent-teacher association and other parent or volunteer groups.
6. Administers reasonable punishment for student disorder or other violation of rules, including suspension of students subject to applicable rules and regulations of the Oldham County Board of Education.
7. Maintains a current inventory of all Board equipment and textbooks within the school and shall report any loss in writing promptly to the superintendent’s designee.
8. Supervises and directs the lunchroom manager and the operation of the lunchroom, including all financial accounting and report requirements.
9. Provides for and arranges the scheduling of extra-curricular events.
10. Supervises the keeping of all internal accounts, school enterprises and activities and prepares a comprehensive budget for the Superintendent's consideration annually.
11. Confers with the Superintendent and superintendent’s designee concerning recommendation of employees for employment or reemployment in the school.
12. Promotes school exhibits, assigns curricular, extra-curricular and other duties to all employees within the school.
13. Formally evaluate all certified staff pursuant to Board Policy.
14. Perform necessary medical-related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the District Nurse.
15. Assures that all classified staff are evaluated at least once annually pursuant to Board Policy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Adopted: August 1, 1980
Revised: July 19, 1998
Revised: August 14, 1998
Revised: July 9, 2003
Revised: September 20, 2012
Revised: October 30, 2014