Job | Posted 3 months ago
Job Title: Head Custodian
Job Type: Auxiliary
Dept./School: Dobie Jr. High School
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Custodial Supervisor
Pay Grade: M - 4 - $13.99 - $16.65
|Grade(s) / Level: 7th - 8th||
Days/Dates: 260 (08/17/2020 - 08/13/2021)
Direct, coordinate, and monitor custodial services for all district facilities. Establish cleaning schedules and procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Texas driver’s license with driving record that meets District requirements.
- Knowledge of routine custodial practices and methods
- Knowledge of equipment, chemicals, and materials used in cleaning processes
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to manage personnel
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Five years experience in custodial services
- Two years custodial supervisory experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish and oversee schedules and procedures for the regular custodial care of all district facilities.
- Work cooperatively with principals and facilities managers to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations.
- Inspect all district buildings and facilities and initiate cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Provide training and orientation to all custodians in cleaning procedures and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Make assignment changes and arrange for substitute custodians as needed.
- Coordinate the moving and delivery of district furniture, books, inventory, etc.
- Direct and assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Schedule and supervise summer custodial projects, including cleaning and refinishing floors.
- Instruct assigned personnel on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Test and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for custodial equipment.
- Order equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records.
- Recommend replacement of existing equipment.
- Conduct annual inventory of physical equipment and supplies.
- Work irregular hours and respond to after-hours emergency calls as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of department budget.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, training, and evaluation of custodial personnel.
- Maintain accurate information for payroll reporting (time cards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
- Supervise and evaluate the work of custodians districtwide.
- Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, hand tools, shampooer, lawn mower, edger, and weed eater. Light truck or van.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials. Frequent districtwide travel.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Employee Signature ________________________________________
Supervisor Signature ________________________________________
Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD
395 Borgeld, Cibolo, TX 78108
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558