Anticipated 7 Positions - Full-Time Security
ANTICIPATED 7 POSITIONS
LOCATIONS – TO BE ANNOUNCED
2020/2021 School Year
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking individuals to fill 7 Anticipated Full-Time Security positions with Locations to be Announced for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Supervises washrooms, hallways, auditorium, cafeteria, commons, and LMC
- Assist with security booth supervision
- Run double detention slips
- Monitor students skipping study hall assignments
- Check on all student activity in and around building and grounds
- Become knowledgeable of the Student-Parent Handbook regarding school policies
- Write detentions/referrals for rules violations
- Monitor parking area 15-20 minutes after school
- Monitor study halls all day for truancy
- Maintain a daily log that identifies all incidents and violations that occur
- Completes additional duties as required by the administration
- Reports to the Assistant Principal
- High school diploma or equivalent (Some college preferred)
- Good character and health (physical and negative TB test required)
- Work experience at the high school level (preferred)
- Must be able to deal with verbal confrontation
- Communicates well with the public
- Candidate must hold or be able to complete and maintain CPR certification
The work year for this position is 185 days. The salary is paid in accordance with the current security salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits including life, health and dental insurance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Work is performed inside and outside the building with exposure to inclement weather and possible unpredictable crisis situations. This job requires standing, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, grasping, walking, carrying and climbing; requires infrequent lifting or carrying of objects up to 30 lbs.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with resume, current transcripts (if applicable), and three (3) letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
EQUAL OPPORUNITY EMPLOYER