District Delivery Driver
Job | Posted 4 months ago
District Delivery Driver for Plano School District
Successful candidate will safely and efficiently deliver interschool mail, packages, supplies and bank deposits and process district mail in a timely manner.
- High School graduate minimum
- Hold a valid Driver’s License and understand Illinois motor vehicle laws
- Have a safe driving record with no serious violations
- Able to operate a delivery truck safely, including backing up using only side mirrors
- Able to lift and load materials weighing up to 70 pounds and have adequate range of motion to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move materials in all weather conditions
- Able to operate a pallet jack
- Able to operate district postage meter
- Work cooperatively with others and communicate effectively
- Able to work flexible hours
- Load/unload, sort, and deliver a wide variety of items to various locations inside and outside of District boundaries including, but not limited to:
- U.S. Mail
- District interoffice mail
- Interlibrary loan packages and laminating
- District and school bank deposits
- District supplies such as copier paper, textbooks, etc.
- Custodial supplies
- Materials exchanged with other school districts and the Regional Office of Education
- Food and food-related items for District food programs.
- Weigh and meter outgoing mail and deliver to post office.
- Safely deliver bank deposits to local financial institutions.
- Maintain records relating to deliveries and fuel.
- Be courteous in all dealings with other people.
- Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.The employee will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested.
The Mission of Plano School District is to empower and inspire our diverse student body to achieve academic excellence, experience personal growth, and make positive contributions to society.
District Vision Statement:
Students – Our students will think critically, persevere, and contribute productively to society.
Families & Community – Our family and community members are partners in the educational process and will support the fundamental Mission of the District.
Educators – Our educators have unwavering high expectations, believe in students, demonstrate a growth mindset, and foster a collaborative environment.
Online application required. In order to be considered for this opening, applicant must go to "View Postings" and apply for the specific Job ID number. To complete the online application process, applicants must also attach cover letter and resume. Optional attachments include credentials, letters of recommendation, certificates, transcripts, etc.
Visit the district website at www.plano88.org
Plano CUSD 88
109 W Ridge St., Yorkville, IL 60560
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246