This position performs the full range of basic tasks in the cleaning and maintenance of District buildings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma
Any experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Preferred: 3 years of similar experience
Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
Starting at $15.98/hour
8 hour/day position, 2:30-11:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Incumbents in this position may be required to possess appropriate current licenses or permits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of cleaning and maintenance practices and standards;
2. Some interpersonal skills;
3. Some oral and written communication skills;
4. Ability to apply knowledge of general building repairs;
5. Ability to follow directions and make decisions related to general cleaning practices and department procedures;
6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
7. Ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work;
8. Ability to organize the daily routine, organize sustained cleaning and follow-up functions of the position and work area;
9. Ability to understand the concepts of the District’s building maintenance and custodial operation;
10. Ability to work with a variety of people and to work cooperatively with District staff and students in a teamwork environment;
11. Some ability in simple record keeping;
12. Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The following identifies the primary and essential functions of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all duties.
1. Collects and disposes of trash;
2. Dusts, mops, sweeps, scrubs, strips, waxes and polishes floors using appropriate equipment such as floor polishers and buffers;
3. Ensures security of buildings through opening and locking doors and setting alarm system;
4. Inspects buildings for damage and reports conditions to supervisor;
5. Performs custodial tasks and maintenance of areas such as classrooms, offices, auditoriums, gyms, kitchens, dining rooms and lavatories including outdoor areas (i.e. trash around buildings);
6. Performs minor maintenance;
7. Reports needs for repairs;
8. Runs errands;
9. Sweeps walks;
10. Washes, dusts and polishes glass including windows, woodwork, walls, furniture and metal equipment;
11. May attach shelving and put up bulletin boards, pictures, etc.;
12. May change light bulbs and replace fuses;
13. May check temperatures against pre-established settings;
14. May clean motor housings, ducts and other mechanical equipment;
15. May lubricate or tighten door hinges, drawers, cabinets, etc.;
16. May move furniture and/or set-up classrooms;
17. May remove snow and ice from stairways and walkways around buildings;
18. May repair minor leaks in toilets, drinking fountains, etc.;
19. May replace ceiling or floor tiles;
20. May replace washers;
21. May sand and salt stairways and walkways;
22. May spot patch walls;
23. Performs related duties assigned.
Apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/rlas/onlineapp/default.aspx