Class I, Noontime Assistant, Highland, 1.5 hours per day, 9 months
STOW-MUNROE FALLS CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
External applicants are welcome to apply.
We have 3 openings.
Title: NOON-TIME ASSISTANT/STUDENT CONTROL MONITOR File 508
Reports to: Principal
Job Objective: Monitors students during lunch periods.
Minimum · High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications: · Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
· A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules and all board policies.
· Valid state department of education permit appropriate for the assignment.
· Self-directed, congenial disposition, and strong diplomacy skills.
Essential · Checks/confirms assignments. Carefully follows directions. Seeks advice when expectations are
Functions: unclear. Takes the initiative to perform routine tasks independently.
· Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district.
· Promotes effective communications and reliable service. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers district policy/procedure questions to administrators.
· Patrols assigned areas to maintain visibility and student contact. Communicates rules to students. Keeps supervisors informed about persistent behavior problems.
· Encourages social interactions among students. Supports an inclusive educational environment that enables students with disabilities to participate in appropriate peer group activities.
· Responds to student requests for assistance. Avoids being intrusive. Solves concerns discreetly.
· Greets and directs visitors to the office.
· Cleans up spills and deals with other conditions that may contribute to an accident.
· Performs assigned cafeteria duties (e.g., washing tables, picking up trash, sweeping floors, restocking stocking vending machines and/or other dispensers, etc.).
· Assists other staff as needed to deal with unexpected or urgent situations.
· Substitutes for food service staff during absences when properly trained.
· Promotes the proper use, care, and security of school property. Reports vandalism, graffiti, equipment malfunctions, equipment malfunctions, and other related concerns.
· Upholds the student conduct code. Maintains high expectations for behavior and performance.
· Takes precautions to ensure safety. Monitors situations that may indicate a problem. Provides appropriate student supervision. Works with supervisors to manage or eliminate risk factors.
· Learns how to operate fire/safety equipment. Documents all injuries that require medical attention.
· Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Reports suspected child abuse and/or neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Participates in staff meetings and professional growth opportunities as directed.
· Strives to develop rapport and serves as a positive role model for others.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
Abilities The following personal characteristics and skills are important for the successful performance
Required: of assigned duties.
· Acknowledges personal accountability for decisions and conduct.
· Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work/learning environment.
· Effectively uses listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal, and writing skills.
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Performs duties efficiently with limited supervision. Strives to meet deadlines.
· Prepares accurate and timely paperwork. Verifies and correctly enters data.
· Reacts productively to interruptions and changing conditions.
· Uses diplomacy and exercises self-control when dealing with other individuals.
NOON-TIME ASSISTANT/STUDENT CONTROL MONITOR Page 2 of 2
Working To promote safety, employees are expected to exercise caution and comply with safety regulations
Conditions: and district policies/procedures when involved in the following situations/conditions.
· Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and standing.
· Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
· Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemical irritants, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, noises, and odors. Exposure to wet and/or slippery surfaces.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
· Interactions with aggressive, disruptive, and/or unruly individuals.
· Lifting, carrying, and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
· Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
· Performing repetitive tasks quickly.
· Performing tasks that require strenuous physical exertion.
· Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
· Working in proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Performance Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted
Evaluation: by the Stow-Munroe Falls City School District Board of Education.
The Stow-Munroe Falls City School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general duties and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, and other unforeseen events.