Substitute Nurse - School Year 2020-2021 (Anticipated Vacancies)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Job Title: Substitute Nurse Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Substitute Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: N/A Salary: See Compensation Plan - Substitutes Contract: None Date Revised: 12/3/2019 Primary Purpose: Responsible for fulfilling the duties of the person that they are replacing. Only those substitutes who have received specific orientation in district medication and special health care procedures by licensed district staff may administer medications or perform special health care procedures. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Current license with the Texas State Board of Nursing.
- Experience in community health or school nursing is desired.
Responsibilities: Nursing Services:
- Deliver professional care utilizing the nursing process (assessment, intervention, counseling and referral) to all students according to district policy.
- Develop a health management plan and provide clinical case management for students who are medically fragile and/or have specialized health care needs.
- Promote a healthful and safe environment by comprehensive management of the district/state immunization and communicable disease programs.
- Provide student health instruction and serve faculty and staff as an advocate and resource for health issues.
- Provide health counseling for students, parents and staff.
- Serve as a member of the school crisis intervention team.
- Serve as a liaison between school, home, community and other medical and health agencies.
- Provide support and appropriate supervision to assigned nurse assistants.
- Determine and provide the training and monitoring of all unlicensed school personnel providing direct health care services to students.
- Maintain health screening programs according to district and state guidelines.
- Maintain a reporting and recording system which utilizes current technology in health data collection.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Supervise nurse assistants. Equipment Used: Thermometer, blood pressure cuff, audiometer, otoscope, sphygmomanometer, vision screening equipment, thermoscan, basic clinic equipment, personal computer, and copier. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress .
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558