Substitute Clerk/Teacher Assistant - School Year 2020-2021 (Anticipated Vacancies)
Job | Posted 23 days ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Substitute Clerk/Teacher Assistant
Job Title: Substitute Clerk/Teacher Assistant Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Substitute Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: N/A Salary: See Compensation Plan - Substitutes Contract: None Date Revised: 12/3/2019 Primary Purpose: Responsible for fulfilling the duties of the person that they are replacing. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Typing and/or computer skills for clerks.
- Ability to operate various office equipment.
- Ability to work with people effectively.
Responsibilities: Communication/Reception and Phones:
- Answer the telephone.
- Take messages and deliver them to the proper personnel.
- Operate various office equipment.
- Work with children of all ages.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Personal computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Moving small stacks of textbooks, boxes, equipment and other campus equipment.
Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558