Substitute Classroom Teacher - School Year 2020-2021 (Anticipated Vacancies)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Substitute Classroom Teacher
Job Title: Substitute Classroom Teacher Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Substitute Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: N/A Salary: See Compensation Plan - Substitutes Contract: None Date Revised: 12/3/2019 Primary Purpose: Responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in district policies. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Minimum of 60 college semester hours.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Completion of district substitute orientation.
Responsibilities: Instructional Strategies:
- Follow the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with district's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establish and maintain order in the classroom.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and School Board Policies.
- Cooperate with school personnel.
- Report to the principal or his/her designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Personal computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desk and other classroom equipment
Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558