Journalism/Yearbook Teacher - Secondary - School Year 2020-2021 (Anticipated Vacancy)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Journalism/Yearbook Teacher - Secondary
Job Title: Journalism/Yearbook Teacher - Secondary Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Professional Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 188 Salary: See Compensation Plan for New Hire Guide for Teachers Contract: Probationary/Term Date Revised: 7/1/2020 Primary Purpose: Responsible for implementing instruction in the assigned subject area(s) in a manner that fosters attainment of each student's maximum potential. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate or Teaching Certificate from out of state appropriate for position.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the effective use of technology.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Ability to maintain and record accurate financial records while following SBISD policies and procedures related to fundraising.
Responsibilities: Instructional Strategies:
- Adhere to the district's philosophy of instruction. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities. Work cooperatively with special education teacher to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s). Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills. Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
Compile, maintain and file all physical and computerizes reports, records and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer, ACTIV Board, copy machine and audio visual machines. Working Conditions:
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desk and other classroom equipment
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558