2020-2021 Guest / Substitute Teacher Pool
Aledo ISD is currently hiring for new Guest/ Substitute teachers to join our current team!
f you believe in empowering learners for life, complete and submit the online application. We will begin contacting new candidates to the District in August 2020.
1. High School diploma or GED OR
2. College degree (In order to be paid the degreed rate, we will need official college transcript(s) OR
3. Teacher certification (out of state or Texas certified)
|Substitute Position||Qualifications||Daily Rate|
|Paraprofessional||Non-Degreed & Degreed||$75.00|
|Paraprofessional (FA, PPCD)||Non-Degreed & Degreed||$85.00|
|Nurse (RN)||Licensed RN||$110.00|
|Speech Language Path.||Licensed SLP||$180.00|
- Substitutes are eligible to elect benefits once worked average of 10 hours a week over first 90 days serving in a Substitute capacity.
- Substitute pay will reflect FICA and income tax withholdings based on the W-4.
- For details visit https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/5897
Only certified substitutes may serve in a long-term position, at the principal’s discretion, in the absence of the classroom teacher. The certified long term substitute will earn $125 per day on the first consecutive day the substitute is teaching for the same teacher. The $125 per day rate shall continue until the conclusion of the extended period term. Substitute pay will reflect FICA and income tax withholdings based on the W-4.
If you are interested in long term assignments but are not certified, you may have the possibility to do so. During onboarding orientation you will know more about Campus Guest Teacher opportunities.