Instructional Media Support - Desktop Publishing - Assessment & Compliance - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Instructional Media Support – Desktop Publishing
Job Title: Instructional Media Support – Desktop Publishing Reports To: Executive Director for Assessment and Compliance Classification: Paraprofessional Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 230 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Paraprofessional/Administrative Support Staff, Pay Grade 208 Contract: None Date Revised: 7/1/2020 Primary Purpose: Responsible for creating and formatting publications, assessments, and other materials in printed, digital, and web-based formats; including proofreading and editing. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college required.
- Two-year degree or Technical Certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Broad knowledge of Google Apps.
- Fundamental knowledge in the production of web-based documents with hyperlinks.
- Edit materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency, and accuracy.
- Ability to type and format translated Spanish documents.
- Correlate Spanish documents to the English equivalent
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and dedicated.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills
- Work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with others and on cross-functional teams.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage feedback from multiple sources.
- Work directly with department and division leaders to conceptualize and design district publications for all stakeholders, staff, parents, community, and students.
- Produce local assessments in both English and Spanish from materials received from curriculum staff and committees.
- Interpret, create, and design print and web-based publications from verbal and written concepts received from district personnel.
- Responsible for assigned projects including interpreting requirements, devising technical solutions, and working independently to project completion.
- Responsible for recognizing the need for cross-referencing updates across multiple publications.
- Collaborate with colleagues in varied specialties to develop effective problem-solving solutions.
- Responsible for creation, modification, and editing of recurring projects including student/parent handbooks, code of conduct, local assessments, graduation programs, grading expectations, substitute handbook, and district academic calendar.
- Prioritize competing projects to meet tight schedule demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Prolonged use of computer.
- Repetitive hand motions.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 CAMPBELL ROAD, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558