Varsity Swim Coach
POSITION: VARSITY SWIM HEAD COACH
LOCATION: CHARLOTTE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
ASSIGNMENT/RESPONSIBILITY: Charlotte Public Schools is seeking a Varsity Swim Head Coach who can lead the swimming program. This position will be expected to:
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with parents, athletes and other coaches in the program.
- Adapt and coordinate system to meet the skills of the players in the program.
- Motivate students by all ethical means.
- Use new techniques in and skills to girls in the program.
- Follow through on expectations, team rules, athletic department rules, and MHSAA rules
- Coordinate good team chemistry and bonding moments that will help to create a close culture between athletes.
- Coordinate strength and conditioning for athletes with Alive
- 4 on 1 workouts
- Open gyms
- Encourage student athletes to be involved with other sports and stay active.
- Coordinate with Youth Recreation Coordinator to run your feeder program.
- Have Varsity Athletes get involved with coaching, volunteering, and refereeing for the youth programs.
- Coordinate youth coaches to help with coaching techniques and drills for youth development
- Develop youth camps or programs to enhance:
- Participation numbers
- Interest in the sport
- Participate in community events and be a positive presence in the community initiatives.
- Varsity or high school athletes be a good positive role model for younger students.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, knowledge of the sport and rules, experience as a participant preferred, documented record of success in handling high school age student/athletes preferred. Experience coaching swimming at the high school level preferred. The individual being sought must possess strong personal ethics, be a positive professional role model, and demand from players a high standard of conduct and discipline. Must be able to communicate with athletes, coaches, and parents.
DATE WANTED: ASAP
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Until Filled
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.charlotteorioles.com and complete an online application
Charlotte Public Schools complies with all state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of Charlotte Board of Education that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, or handicap shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which it is responsible.