Commercial Kitchen Technician
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Position Title: Commercial Kitchen Technician
Department: Maintenance Department
Supervisor: Supervisor of District Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 16
Job Summary: Provides a variety of skilled appliance installation, maintenance and repair services on the commercial kitchen equipment and appliances for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
- Identifies and collects tools, supplies, parts and equipment necessary to complete work orders. Inspects and implements corrective actions to repair or replace necessary components.
- Troubleshoots and repairs a variety of kitchen equipment and appliances. Contacts vendors for pricing and ordering of equipment parts and supplies. Picks up necessary parts and supplies as needed.
- Installs and repairs kitchen equipment and associated electrical and plumbing components. Performs regular cleaning and preventative maintenance services on appliances.
- Cleans and maintains power and hand tools and specialized testing equipment.
- Prepares, completes and files work orders. Maintains inventory of parts and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of commercial kitchen appliance installation, maintenance, repair and servicing practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerant handling and recovery requirements, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of the electrical and plumbing trades.
- Knowledge of the principles of record and file maintenance.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statues, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in tracking, documenting, maintaining, updating and scheduling preventative maintenance, installation and repairs.
- Skill in installing, replacing, servicing, maintaining and repairing a variety of commercial and standard kitchen appliances.
- Skill in safety utilizing a variety of specialized hand and power tools and equipment.
- Skill in following established occupational safety and health regulations, practices and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Appliance Trade School, AND three (3) years of installation, repair, replacement, servicing, and maintaining commercial kitchen appliances; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must possess an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain current Universal CFC Certification.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, and infectious diseases.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Peoria Unified School District
6625 W. Cholla, Glendale, AZ 85304
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143