District Bilingual Instructional Coach
Job | Posted 4 months ago
District Bilingual Instructional Coach
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Work with the Director of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education to implement the district's Dual Language: Bilinugal program.
- Must possess or qualify for Colorado teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement in Linguistically Diverse Education (LDE).
- Must be knowledgeable about research-based, effective teaching practices and national and state language proficiency standards and curriculum.
- Must have a strong instructional background and demonstrated expertise in language development and acquisition.
- Understand adult development.
- Build trusting, productive relationships with colleagues.
- Possess and apply appropriate, in-depth content knowledge.
- Understand the power of student data to inform and adjust instruction.
- Demonstrate success in his/her work as a Bilingual teacher or coach.
- Engage others in developing plans for improvement in instruction.
Must have a minimum five years experience in a bilingual classroom teaching
Desire experiences in mentor teaching, coaching and/or staff development.
Desire experiences in Dual Language schools
- Support and develop explicit language development instructional practices of Bilingual teachers and general education teachers as needed.
- Complete development opportunities in order to provide effective coaching and staff development
- Provide building and district level staff development as identified.
- Provide direct support to teachers including demonstration and modeling of a variety of effective practices, utilizing the full coaching model of support.
- Possess and demonstrate a wide variety of instructional strategies and methods.
- Demonstrate and utilize a variety of effective strategies, practices, and assessment techniques.
- Collaborate with other district and school level instructional staff, partners in the district's Dual Language initiative, and building-level administrators.
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching, instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional and general responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee Salary Schedule.To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5261 e. 60th, Commerce City, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415