Elementary Principal at St. Sabina
Below are the requirements you must meet in order to apply for the principal’s position in the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Interested qualified candidates should click on the “Apply” button on the right hand side. Please submit/upload all necessary documents to complete your AppliTrack file.
The qualifications for principals in the elementary schools of the Archdiocese of Chicago are as follows:
- The principal must be a practicing Catholic who evidences knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith. A letter from your pastor will be needed.
- The principal shall have a master's degree or further in school administration and have state certification in both teaching and administration.
- The principal shall have a minimum of three years (full-time) professional experience in a Catholic school, e.g., teacher, administrator.
- The principal shall have or be working toward certification as Coordinator of Religious Education as stipulated by the Office of Catholic Schools.
The steps to apply for a principal position within the Archdiocese of Chicago:
- Submit all paperwork through Applitrack (Current Principal transfer applicants should contact their regional director)
- Online Application
- Resume (all work history since Bachelor’s Degree)
- Transcripts (letter from program director if currently in a program leading to certification)
- 3 Letters of Reference including current employer, letter from pastor of home parish and colleague letter
- Once all paperwork has been submitted and verified, you will be contacted by the Principal Selection Process committee for the next step. Please contact Marcela Bermudez (312-534-5259) with any questions.
- Principal candidates cannot apply for positions until they have completed the process from the Office of Catholic Schools.
Principal contracts are effective July 1 through June 30.
New Principals are required to attend the New School Leaders Workshop which will provide guidance and mentoring. Workshops will start the week of July 14th and other days during the school year.
Applicants new to the Archdiocese of Chicago will be required to submit to a criminal background check including fingerprinting before employment starts.