Job | Posted 4 months ago
Livingston Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a Job Coach at Livingston High School. No phone calls please. EOE.
- BA Degree.
- Certification as a Teacher of the Handicapped or Teacher of Students with Disabilities preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work well with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Successful participation in professional development activities specific to the nature and demands of the position.
- Possession of a valid CDL license with P and S endorsements.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Principal and Assistant Superintendent of Student Services
JOB GOALS: To assist in providing Community Based Instruction and/or on-site job coaching programs. Assist with job site supervision as directed by Structured Learning Experience (SLE) Coordinator, Teacher of Students with Disabilities, and/or administrators.
- Safely transport students to and from job site from LHS.
- Assist SLE Coordinator or Teacher of Students with Disabilities in the supervision of students on the job site.
- Help students organize for scheduled jobs and activities.
- Communicate with employers regarding status of student work and progress.
- Attend building staff meetings.
- Attend specialized in and out-of-district trainings.
- Maintain and track student transition data.
This position will also be responsible for all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time ten month position (non-tenure eligible), with compensation under the Teacher Assistant guide which is to be negotiated with the Superintendent and approved by the Board.
The performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation.
Board approval date: May 10, 2010
Revised: September 9, 2015
Livingston School District
30 Robert H Harp Drive, Livingston, NJ 07039
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345