Job | Posted 4 months ago
Day per year: 187
JOB TITLE: Special Education IEP Clerk
REPORTS TO: Special Education Manager for Accountability & Related Services
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
The Special Education IEP Clerk provides clerical support to Department Chairs, Team Leads, Case Managers, Diagnosticians and Speech Language Pathologists in scheduling ARD / IEP Committee meetings in a timely fashion, supporting filing and organizing special education documentation and maintaining communication with parents, administrators, teachers and support service providers
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
·High School diploma or GED
·2 yrs job related experience
- Fluent in Spanish
·Ability to communicate effectively and operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications
·Use English in both written and verbal form, using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain strict confidentiality with student records and information.
- Schedule ARDS for Case Managers, Department Chairs, Team Leaders, and Speech Language Pathologists.
- Prepare and mail ARD/IEP notices within the required timelines.
- Compile and post ARD/IEP Committee meeting calendar and keep updated.
- Maintain campus special education files for each student in accordance with district guidelines
- Participate in team meetings and required professional development activities
- Post appointments to staff calendars.
- Notify parents of ARD meetings in a timely fashion.
- Schedule staffing and/or assessments with students and the parents.
- Assist in making copies and the distribution of documents including IEP’s, Accommodations, Behavior Intervention Plans, Progress Reports, etc. to campus staff.
- Provide and maintain good public relations with team members, administration counseling staff, students and parents.
- Maintain up-dated student database with contact information.
- Performs additional duties as required.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, reaching and repetitive hand motions, bending, stooping. May require some lifting no more than 50lbs. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. Overtime is required as necessary. Travel within the district as required
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Employee Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Program Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD 16717 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX 77090
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558