Elementary Partner Teacher
|Job Position:||Paraprofessional||School:||Gem Prep: Nampa|
|Subject:||K-12 College Prep Education||City:||Nampa, ID|
|Job Status:||Permanent, Full Time, Benefit Eligible||Start Date:||August 18, 2020|
Are you interested in making a significant impact in students’ lives? Would you like to be part of a team that is committed to do whatever it takes to make every student successful? Gem Prep is seeking an entrepreneurial spirit who is committed to excellence and has a desire to join a fast-growing team.
Gem Prep is a K- 12 college preparatory school. At least sixty percent of Gem Prep students will graduate high school with an associate’s degree and the remainder will graduate with at least 18 college credits. During the elementary years, Gem Prep believes in building a strong academic foundation to prepare students for the rigorous learning environment in grades 7-12
Gem Prep views itself as a catalyst for changing K-12 education in Idaho, with an impact that extends beyond our schools to benefit students throughout the state. Our focus is to improve post-secondary preparedness and achievement for all students. Gem Prep Schools are part of the Gem Innovation Schools organization that serves K-12 students throughout Idaho, operating four charter schools in Nampa, Meridian and Pocatello and a statewide virtual school. See www.gemprep.org for more information.
Gem Prep students develop the following competencies by the time they graduate high school. Gem Prep staff are expected to possess each of these same competencies.
- Self-Aware, Self-Directed and Self-Disciplined
- Creative Problem-Solver
- Skilled Communicator and Collaborator
Summary:Gem Prep seeks to hire partner teachers/paraprofessionals who have the desire to become a full time certified Gem Prep teacher within the next three years. Partner teachers are given a wide variety of responsibilities including tutoring students in math and language arts. They will also manage elective courses under the supervision of a certified teacher. The variety of responsibilities will help partner teachers prepare to become a Gem Prep teacher, while working towards their teaching certification. Position starts August 2020. Wage starts at $12.00/hr.
Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce instruction or skills outlined by certified staff.
- Assist the certified staff in devising strategies for reinforcing learning and skills based on the individual student’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Introduce online software programs, monitors student progress, and proctors curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Communicate student progress to certified teacher.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in training programs and meetings.
- Help with classroom cleanliness as needed.
- When assigned, assist with playground duty, lunch duty, and field trips;
- Other duties as assigned.
Working at Gem Prep
Gem Prep focuses on hiring and developing great leaders with high expectations and provides robust support to meet those expectations. Gem Prep expects the following from school leaders:
- Results. Gem Prep works relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Innovation. We embrace new approaches and ideas that have a powerful impact on learning and teaching, achieving success for every student. We believe that today’s students need schools that dramatically rethink the traditional learning and teaching process for the success of every student. The status quo is not acceptable.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We expect the same of you.
- Humility. If you are humble and teachable, this will be a powerful learning experience for you. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships as well as the key to your professional growth. We also understand that you bring valuable experiences and knowledge that will lift our team.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together.
- Minimum Education – 60+ College Credits, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Desire to obtain teaching certification within 3 yrs
- Aptitude for working with children, parents, and teachers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ethical behavior
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Gem Prep is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. It is a condition of employment with Gem Prep that employees comply with this policy.
Any information provided by applicants in seeking a position with Gem Prep shall be truthful and accurate. If an investigation should disclose untruthful or misleading answers, an application may be rejected, applicants may be removed from consideration, or employment with Gem Prep may be terminated.