IT One-to-One Support Specialist III
One-to-One Support Specialist III
One-to-One Support Specialist - provide technical, data, and program support necessary to meet the school district’s instructional and operational needs. Responsible for the installation, testing and maintenance of all network infrastructure and services that support the one-to-one program. The person in this position assists in administering and controlling district iPad and Chromebook inventory and supporting systems. The position is a daytime weekday position but requires occasional evening or weekend hours. In addition, the position requires some travel to the schools to provide direct support/training.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems related to the one-to-one program throughout the district.
- Support all district staff or students by providing on-site or remote support for hardware and software issues as it relates to the 1:1 initiative..
- Program management/training (JSS, Google Admin, Schoology, Web Filtering solutions, ect.)
- Manage and monitor performance of site to site communications and external internet connectivity.
- Monitor network use with regard to capacity, reliability, performance and security. Also recommend to the Supervisor of Technology any corrective action as needed.
- Serve as a resource and trainer to other members of the technology or curriculum team and ensure that user requests and needs are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the repair or replacement of down equipment and proactively schedule and develop preventative maintenance programs.
- Support teachers, administrators and support staff by providing building-level, department-level and individual assistance with procedural and software issues.
- Provide supervision for the deployment of new equipment to sites (as prescribed and directed by the district).
- Implements project tasks as led by the Instructional Technology Specialist or other project leaders in or outside of the department; lead projects as assigned.
- Install or provide direction for the installation of technology approved hardware
- Install or provide direction for the installation of software as per district procedures and vendor licensing agreements.
- Effectively use new and existing (district approved) equipment and software.
- Remain current on industry trends in information technology, investigate new technologies and make recommendations to the Supervisor of Technology and Instructional Technology Specialist.
- Remains current and maintains certifications necessary for the completion of job-related needs.
- This position description does not express (or imply) that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. The employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties requested..
Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Travel to school district locations to repair hardware, install software and assist end users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with school operations and technologies used
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software installation procedures.
- Understanding of current operating platforms, computer hardware and associated peripherals, and software applications.
- Ability to inspect, assess, troubleshoot and repair computer network system, hardware and software.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Internet, WAN, LAN, Wireless, and other computer network programs and operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of end-users.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to report work orally and/or in writing to supervisor.
- Ability to establish and, maintain cooperative working relationship with, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Analytical, problem-solving and creative-thinking skills with respect to computer-related issues.
- Uses good judgment, able to react to immediate changes in work priorities. This job requires excellent interpersonal and diagnostic skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to talk, listen and then follow directions.
- The employee must be capable of lifting and moving up to 50 pounds as required.
- The position requires meeting deadlines with severe time constraints, interacting with staff and the public, and irregular or extended work hours.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- The School District retains the right to change this job description at any time for any reason, with or without advance notice.
- The School District retains the right to assign such additional duties as may be necessary for the efficient or effective operation of the School District.
- The School District retains the right to change the qualifications for the job.
- The School District retains the right to waive the necessity for any applicant or employee to have all required qualifications.
- Position is one of employment at will, either the employee or district may terminate at any time.
To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skills and/or ability necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technology field desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in similar role.
- Demonstrated strong hands-on experience with servers and clients running MAC OS, IOS, JSS, JAMF, Casper, ChromeOS Win7, and Windows 10. Strong understanding of LAN and WAN concepts and management tools.
- Team player, which can effectively manage multiple priorities and negotiate deadlines.
- Criminal background check and Tuberculin testing.
- Valid DE Driver’s License.
"Equal Opportunity Employer"