Bilingual Building Secretary (Spanish)
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office so that the office’s maximum positive impact on the education of children can be realized.
1. Greet visitors, maintain sign-in log and distribute visitors’ badges.
2. Take incoming telephone messages, route and follow through.
3. Distribute mail.
4. Maintain accurate attendance records including attendance card files.
5. Maintain current class list.
6. Care of ill or injured pupils, providing minor assistance and calling nurse or parents as the occasion demands.
7. Collect teacher lesson plans as directed by the principal.
8. Make schedules and continually update student schedules as directed by the principal.
9. Register new pupils, making teacher registration, principal registration card, cumulative folder, health card, attendance card, request records from prior school, obtain emergency information from home and collect required transfer form.
10. Transfer students, informing teacher, determining attendance, issue school fee refund request, obtain report card from teacher, send records to new school and cumulative card to the superintendent’s office.
11. Prepare student insurance claim forms and prepare and file accident reports on all student accidents.
12 Keep teacher and personnel attendance records, completing absence, substitute teacher forms, and internal substitute forms.
13. Responsible for stock of supplies and for ordering new supplies, checking in receipts of supplies, storing and distributing.
14. Bookkeeping for the Activity Fund.
15. PowerSchool duties:
- Input and verify all student data to ensure accuracy
- Make necessary changes to attendance and student records
- Run Reports as needed or requested
17. Assist in arranging conferences between parents and teachers or principal.
18. Maintain all files up-to-date.
19. Keep current inventory records on textbooks.
20. Assist in arranging field trips.
21. Assist in public relations activities.
22. Deliver messages to parents and teachers and follow-up on referral request.
23. Type and duplicate or e-mail notices as directed by the principal.
24. Assist in registration.
25. Assist building staff in other clerical duties as may be assigned such as backup duties of Health Assistant.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bilingual/Spanish Fluency required.
• Proficient use of computer software applications,
including spreadsheet, database and word processing programs required
• Ability to key or type at least 45 words per minute.
• Knowledge of office machines.
• Filing and bookkeeping skills.
• Ability to establish good public, personnel and student relations
Environment: School office environment; constant interruptions
Physical Abilities: Sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard; reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally, bending at the waist and kneeling or crouching to retrieve files from cabinets and shelves; hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or by telephone; seeing to read various documents related to assigned activities; lifting light objects.
The employee shall follow all School Board Policies.