Supervisory Aide - Part Time
Reports to: School Administrators
To assist and oversee the process of a safe and stimulating play environment and to support the development of children's personal, social and independence skills.
1. Support play and personal development by interacting with children in the playground and other areas of the school property
2. Assist the teaching staff with the effective running of the playground and other areas of the school property
3. Supervise and assist children eating their lunches.
4. Support health and safety in the playground and carry out minor first aid in the playground if and when necessary.
5. Organize and maintain the playground equipment and organize items of lost property.
6. Attend regular review meetings and other meetings as required.
7. Maintain an appropriate awareness of, and work effectively within, the policies and procedures of the Zion District #6 policy.
8. Operate safely in the workplace.
9. Behave professionally at all times and maintain confidentiality of information.
10. Promote and safeguard the welfare of the children that fall under your responsibility or that you come into contact with.
11. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a concern for the safety and welfare of children.
- Demonstrates the following characteristics: understanding, patience, tact, discretion and high moral standards
- Completion of coursework equivalent to the eighth grade or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as noted above
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and utilizing good time management skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must possess stamina to stand for long periods of time, mobility to escort children across streets; ability to work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to traffic; vision to read printed materials and license plates and hearing and speech to communicate in person.
Basic safety rules, basic safe driving rules and procedures and techniques for communicating with children