Middle School MTSS Teacher
POSITION TITLE: MTSS Teacher
At least three years of successful teaching experience in literacy and mathematics
Knowledge of research findings in MTSS which includes Responsiveness to Instruction (RtI) and Positive Behavior Support (PBIS)
Knowledge and expertise in assessment of literacy and math.
Ability to communicate effectively with students, adults, and administration
Desire to work hard and passionately seek success for all students
Ability to translate good ideas into action
Ability to use web-based programs, e-mail, and technology (laptop, Smartboard, etc.) effectively.
REPORTS TO: Building principal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach approved MTSS curriculum to Tier 2 and 3 students
- Serve as a liaison for MTSS between the district’s literacy and math efforts and the school’s implementation
- Assist district and school administrators in the implementation of multi-tier systems of support using balanced assessments to inform literacy, math and behavior.
- Collaborate with principal to provide leadership for the school’s MTSS instructional team.
- Convene regular meetings of the school’s MTSS instructional team, and guide the efforts of team members, providing leadership, motivation, and coaching in the planning and implementation of all team roles and responsibilities associated with MTSS program initiatives.
- Guide building staff with MTSS progress monitoring assessment set-up, data collection, and assessment schedules.
- Monitor and report out student achievement data associated with the multi-tier assessments
- Utilize data to inform instructional planning and monitor the effectiveness of academic and behavior instruction at the core, supplemental, and intensive instruction/intervention levels
- Collaborate with certified and classified staff in school to improve student achievement.
- Assists schools in developing strategic plans for intervention and growth for all students.
- Develop and inform students of reasonable rules concerning classroom procedures and behavior and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment.
MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months