JOB TITLE: Attendance Clerk – Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 4
The Attendance Clerk will prepare, monitor and maintain accurate records regarding student attendance, ensuring compliance with state and district laws and policies.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least three years of elementary school setting experience
- Effective communication, interpersonal and data entry skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Proficiency in use of computer software with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Effective file maintenance skills
- Knowledge of Student Attendance Accounting Handbook
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Provide an organized working environment so that data is secure and not for public viewing.
- Prepare and maintain records required by federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Create an effective filing system with labels for each student folder.
- Maintain proper student attendance records for easy future retrieval.
- Post daily absentee codes on appropriate records to be reviewed by an administrator.
- Run daily reports regarding the posting of attendance by staff
- Prepare attendance documents (correspondence, forms, reports, etc.) to communicate information to school and district personnel, parents, students and community.
- Disseminate information acquired from parents to the appropriate campus personnel.
- Receive calls and written communication from parents on student absences.
- Assist with providing basic training to staff on attendance protocols and attendance-taking procedures.
- Remain updated on local, state and federal policies regarding attendance.
- Remain updated on student state and federal accountability standards.
- Assist with implementing Student Attendance Accounting Handbook requirements.
- Verify campus information regarding attendance, suspensions and enrollment status, especially students who are “non-attending” prior to the administrator final approval.
- Attend training sessions that are provided by campus and district personnel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting of no more than 10 pounds.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.