Kindergarten Elementary Classroom Teacher
Job | Posted 5 days ago
Supervisor: Principal / Assistant Principal
Salary: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Work Year: School Year
Summary: Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Qualifications / Experience
- ISBE PEL with Elementary Education Ed (Self Contained Gen Ed) endorsement, required.
- ELL and/or Middle School Math, preferred.
- Additional ISBE PEL elementary education endorsements, preferred.
- Previous experience teaching primary grades preferred.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of district approved curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects; to communicate these objectives to students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Assesses the learning of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
Apply: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Orland School District 135
15100 S 94th Ave, Orland Park, IL 60462-3291
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246