Speech and Language Pathologist - Self-Contained (Welch)
Description: Perform functions to assist students in need of speech and language services. This is in a self-contained setting.
1. Screen and evaluate students to determine needs and breadth of speech and language services.
2. Schedule and provide therapy to students utilizing a variety of intervention service models delivered in an individual, small or whole class setting as individual student needs dictate.
3. Meet regularly with Teachers, Teacher Assistants and other specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met.
4. Actively participate on problem solving and intervention teams to facilitate early involvement and resolution to speech or language problems.
5. Complete required documentation and data necessary for IEP reports, goals or diagnostic evaluations.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
7. Provide counsel and advice to staff on issues relating to curriculum or instructional methods for students with language deficiencies.
8. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring social and emotional development is progressing normally.
9. Enforce and support school policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
10. Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
11. Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day such as orientation, open houses or conferences.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with a speech and language pathologist endorsement.
Rate of Pay: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Working Conditions: School setting.
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.