Paraprofessional Assistant - HQ Title I
JOB DESCRIPTION BOTTOM RIGHT OF SCREEN
Months Contracted: 9 Month
Job Grade: 106
Hourly Rate: $12.97 and up depending on experience
Hours Per Day: 5 Per Day
This position is for fiscal year 20/21
Applicant must be Highly Qualified as defined by:
* Hold an Associates Degree or Higher
* Completed 2 years of study or 60 credit hours at an Accreditted Institution of Higher Education
* Otbain a passing schore on an ADE-Approved assessment
This position will assist the school social worker with Title I student social emotional support.
Ideal candidate will have experience working with mental health and challenging school behaviors such as defiance, anxiety, aggression,
self harm, and difficulties with peer relationships, suicide threat assessment, and be willing to become CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certified
Duties will include
- Instructional and behavioral support services under direct supervision
- Support, collaborate and assist Title I team with support services and family engagement activities,
- Attend monthly Title I team meetings,
- Assist campus crisis team with student de escalation,
- Assist school social worker with student emotional and behavioral support,
- Collaborate with teachers and social worker to develop and implement student behavior plans,
- Support campus PBIS efforts,
- Assist school social worker with peer mediations and bullying investigations,
- Assist school social worker with holiday assistance program,
- Assist school social worker with classroom and small group lesson preparation,
- Participate in professional development as offered,
- Attend student meetings as relevant.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Gilbert Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Declaracion de Non Discriminacion
Gilbert Public Schools no discrimina a raza, color, nacionalidad, genero, edad, o habilidad diferenciada.
The Strategic Operating Plan of the Gilbert Public Schools (GPS) is guided by the District's core beliefs and commitments. GPS has adopted a Managed Performance Empowerment (MPE) Theory of Action - an innovative structure which promotes site-based empowerment, accountability and organizational excellence.
Become a part of our dynamic team as our A rated district continues to lead the state in educational excellence.