Middle School Literacy Partner
Position Vacancy for 2020-2021 School Year
Position Summary: Peer partners are lead learners supporting differentiated instruction and effective literacy strategies to meet the varied learning needs in classrooms in a co-teaching model. Peer partners collaborate with classroom teachers to plan, implement and monitor impact of instruction centered on student achievement goals.
COLLABORATE WITH PARTNER TEACHERS TO:
- Set student achievement goals.
- Plan and implement standards-based instruction, including effective Tier 1 engagement and literacy strategies.
- Monitor student progress with formative assessments and use results to differentiate instruction.
- Support implementation of evidence based reporting practices.
- Support implementation of tier 1 and tier 2 academic supports as needed.
- Participate on school improvement/leadership team and assist in providing building-level professional development.
- Provide building level support and feedback with interventions and extensions.
- Support PLC teams as needed.
- Participate in all mandatory training or training appropriate to the position as required by the CLSD grant and district.
- Assist with district-level professional development.
- Bachelor’s and or Master’s degree in Education
- Five or more years teaching experience, secondary education preferred
- Literacy focus preferred
To Apply: Log on to www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp to view current vacancies and complete our online application. For more information or questions please call 701-446-1050 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference. North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability. The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.