Office Clerk - Schools - .50 FTE
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $15.55
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 20
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 050329
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Will be working with the Special Education Department.
SUMMARY: Assist office manager, secretary, other staff, programs or departments with secretarial, administrative and clerical support as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time varies based on building assignment.
1. Assist with bookkeeping, place and track supply orders, prepare basic reports and collect fees. Assists office manager in preparing reports, deposits, reconciling accounts and other activities. Maintain calendars.
2. Assist with student attendance processes. Monitor bell-ringing.
3. Provide clerical support to other individuals, departments, programs and /or offices. This may include phones, reception duties, monitoring visitors, assisting parents and students, typing, data entry, preparing memos, correspondence, bulletins, emails, receiving deliveries and mail and distributing as needed, etc. Compiling and distributing material, brochures, etc.
4. Assists with monitoring student records and files.
5. Provide backup coverage to other school positions and assisting students in the health clinic and contacting parents/guardians as necessary.
6. Perform other duties as assigned. May assist with graduation
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with computers and general office.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.