ELA Teacher - Summer School DYS Central Region
The Collaborative for Educational Services seeks an ELA Summer School Teacher for the Department of Youth Services (DYS) to provide direct instruction for students in DYS residential schools in Worcestor, MA. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, educator licensure preferred. Demonstrated successful teaching with at-risk youth in urban settings highly desirable This is a part-time, seasonal position for 30 summer school days with hours from 7:30am-1:30pm, which includes non-instructional and lunch times.
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative teams of educators committed to supporting teaching excellence through coaching, professional development and excellent administrative support. CES prides itself on providing robust and engaging learning opportunities to all its teachers.
We value: Culturally responsive instruction which builds on student strengths. Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- An energetic and dedicated educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- A teacher who is asset-based and familiar with culturally relevant practices.
- An educator who enjoys small and personalized classes with a focus on academic and behaviorial success.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.