Teacher on Assignment- Administrator:High School
Job | Posted 11 days ago
Position Title: Teacher on Assignment - Administrator
Department: K-12 Academic Services
Term of Employment: 10-12 Months
Salary Classification: Teachers Salary plus Stipend/ Extra Days
Job Summary: The person in this position is assigned duties that will enhance student learning and/or may utilize leadership skills to assist in a supervisory role. A significant emphasis is focused on knowledge of student instruction and learning assessment. The assignment is on a year to year basis and the person may be reassigned back to the classroom as needed.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school
- Assists in the maintenance of discipline throughout the school, handles individual cases as needed
- As assigned, will support training, supervision, and evaluation of school personnel
- As assigned, may serve on parent, student and/or faculty committees
- May assist with the development of class schedules and curriculum review
- Participates in the development of school sponsored activities, functions and athletic events
- Prepares records and reports as requested by the principal
- Assures school’s compliance with state and federal laws
- Will perform duties of the job as assigned by the supervisor. These duties will vary according to the specific assignment
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
(CONTINUE ON REVERSE SIDE)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of enhanced classroom instruction and delivery of curriculum
- Knowledge of State standards of instruction and experience in the classroom
- Ability to provide instructional leadership
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Administrative Certificate preferred) Must possess a valid Arizona teaching certificate and a minimum of three years classroom teaching OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities has been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must hold a valid finger print clearance card issued by the Department of Public Safety
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona drivers license
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Peoria Unified School District
6330 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ 85306
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143