Elementary Teacher Grade 1
Position Vacancy for 2020-2021 School Year
Position Summary: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Keeps up to date sub notes/plans available.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere that is consistent with the philosophy of the building administrative team.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate and accurate records and prepares progress reports using District-approved software and programs and as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paras, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior in collaboration with building principal to help ensure safety and positive school climate.
- Participate in all mandatory training or training appropriate to the position as required by the district.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education
- ND Teaching License
- Two to three years teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
Terms: See the Fargo Public Schools Teacher Contract 2019-21
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference. North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.