Science Teacher - Western, MA
The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is currently seeking a Science Teacher to provide direct educational instruction to at-risk adolescents in programs run by the Department of Youth Services (DYS) in Springfield, MA. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, secondary level Massachusetts teacher license in Science required. Teachers in DYS schools are part of the Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System.
Successful candidates may be eligible for the teacher loan forgiveness program.
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative teams of educators committed to supporting teaching excellence through coaching, professional development and excellent administrative support. CES prides itself on providing robust and engaging learning opportunities to all its teachers.
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- You have a passion for teaching all students, especially those who have been marginalized.
- You value professionalism, positive youth development and culturally responsive teaching.
- You welcome the opportunity to teach small groups of students.
- You’re excited about personalizing your approach to educating students in ways that focus both on academic and behavioral success.
- You love to learn! You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- You recognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
- Provide effective, high quality, direct educational instruction to youth assigned to DYS.
- Support the development and implementation of multiple pathways for learning which may include HiSET preparation, career/vocational exploration and post-secondary coursework.
- Integrate individual student background information when designing instruction being considerate of future goals & objectives as stated in IEPs and based on learning style and/or needed accommodations.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.