Physical Education Teacher - .2 FTE
Position is a part time position, part of the teacher bargaining unit and based at O.H. Anderson Elementary. Salary part of Master Agreement
Must have a valid MN License: Physical Education or able to obtain the appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board. Health and DAPE license preferred.
- Experience in school setting and/or previous experience working with elementary level students
- Strong knowledge of physical education and standards
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues, community and students
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents and staff
- Identify the needs of students through formal and informal assessments
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate lessons to ensure the achievement of student growth
- Communicate with students, parents and staff on regular basis on student progress
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Attend department, school and parent meetings or functions
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminated against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.