CTE Teacher - Nursing - Georgia Chaffee Tapp (2020-2021)
Job | Posted 9 days ago
Job Description (ATTACHED)
Salary Schedule (ATTACHED)
- A minimum of an Associate Degree as a Registered Nurse
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice nursing in Kentucky
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience within the health/medical field with two (2) years being within the past five years.
- A maximum of one year of the required work experience may be satisfied by completion of an accredited vocational preparation program for the occupation to be taught.
- *Work experience must include at least one year of long-term care if program includes the Medicaid Nurse Aid course and certification of nurse aides. This is not a “certification” requirement, rather a requirement of the Cabinet for Health Services, Kentucky Medicaid Program.
- Prior to accepting students into a NEW Medicaid Nurse Aid Program, the laboratory space must be surveyed and approved by the KDE Health Science Consultant as a KCTCS representative.
- See: 16 KAR 2:020 Occupation-based career and technical education certification
- Issuance of one year Provisional Certificate. Completion of three (3) semester hours of credit in the occupational area OR successfully completing the New Teacher Institute.
- Certification for teaching Vocational Education specialization in Health Science/Health Occupations.
- See Teacher Testing Process for Non-Degreed Career and Technical Education Teacher Applications according to 16 KAR 6:020
- An offer of employment from a local school district
- Complete CA-3 form with appropriate signatures from district and school personnel. Provide an official college transcript with competed CA-3.
- Enrolled in the New Teachers Institute with the Office of Career and Technical Education at KDE (http://education.ky.gov/CTE/Pages/default.aspx)
Jefferson County Public Schools
1829 DENVER WEST DR. BLDG #27, GOLDEN, CO 80401-0001
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415