Job | Posted 3 days ago
Internal Transfer Deadline: June 6, 2020
TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
- Administrative Certificate endorses for the appropriate position
- Masters degree
- Four years of teaching experience
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: All building personnel in conjunction with the principal.
JOB GOAL: To relieve the principal of such impediments as prevents him/her from fulfilling responsibility of promoting the educational well-being of each student in the school.
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Serves as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
- Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, and deals with special cases as necessary.
- Assists in the supervision of instruction.
- Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and works with the director of pupil personnel for investigative follow-np actions.
- Proposes schedules of classes and extracurricular activities.
- Assists in the preparation of student schedules.
- Works with department heads and faculty in compiling the annual budget.
- Requisitions, supplies, textbooks, and equipment, conducting inventories, maintaining records, and checking on receipts for such material.
- Cooperates in the conducting of safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
- Serves with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Administers the student insurance program.
- Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 230 (High and Middle School); 220 (Elementary Schools) Salary to be determined by the Administrative Salary Schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
Kenton County School District
1055 Eaton Dr, Fort Wright, KY 41017
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525