Director of Science and CTE
Job | Posted 4 days ago
|Location/ Department||Title||Bracket||Salary Range|
|Central Office||Director of Science and CTE||II||$75,000 -$95,000|
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of Science and CTE strategies that will enable teachers and students to effectively meet, or exceed pre-established statewide reference points and RCSD academic benchmarks, K-12 across subject areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer , the Director of Science and CTE will:
- Supervision of the District’s curriculum and instruction within the Science and CTE disciplines.
- Design, implement, and monitor Science and CTE programs, as required.
- Design, implement, and/or coordinate professional development opportunities within the Science and CTE disciplines.
- Provides advice and counsel for building staff on matters pertaining to Science and CTE disciplines.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of course offerings and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Determines short and long range program goals
- Provides insights on curriculum, evaluation, communication, and instructional support for the Science and CTE disciplines.
- Ensure effective school implementation of NYS content and performance standards.
- Works cooperatively with Human Resources and building leadership to facilitate the staffing process for the Science and CTE disciplines.
- Analyze data pertaining to student achievement and teacher practice and make recommendations and develop action plans for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Master’s Degree.
- Five (5) Years of teaching and/or school administration or supervisory experience.
- NYS Certification for a School District Administrator (SDL / SDA).
- Teacher Certification in a Science or CTE area
- Candidates with prior leadership experience in an urban school district or in a district with an urban population are preferred.
Rochester City School District
131 W BROAD ST, ROCHESTER, NY 14614-1187
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $22,444 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.16
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 355