Child Nutrition Assistant - Helper
Child Nutrition Assistant Helper
Begins September 8, 2020.
4.25 hrs/day, student contact days.
$16.18 per hour
TITLE: CHILD NUTRITION ASSISTANT
PART TIME, HELPER, CASHIER, ALA CARTE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience with food services and/or school nutrition programs, preferred.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work successfully under the pressure of daily production and service timelines.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs, bend, twist, turn, stand / walk continuously.
REPORTS TO: Director of Child Nutrition Services and/or Child Nutrition Manager.
JOB GOALS: Provide a positive culture for students, staff and parents by serving healthy food options to reflect our commitment to nourish the mind and body of all learners.
Contributes and helps to foster a team environment by helping all coworkers to achieve daily kitchen goals.
- Communicates and interacts positively with students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.
- Prepares food according to planned menus and tested uniform recipes in proper quantities determined by manager.
- Follows all dietary guidelines and helps to reduce waste.
- Stocks food on line and in cafeteria as needed.
- Keeps accurate record of food produced and safety temperatures.
- Follows and maintains standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Assists with daily set up and clean up.
- Serves food in an efficient and timely manner.
- Rotates into all positions when possible, including dishroom and cashier.
- Obtains and maintains all necessary certifications, including School Nutrition and Servsafe.
- Communicates concerns to manager.
- Attends job related training classes and workshops.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As per the contract agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
EVALUATOR: Director of Child Nutrition Services and Child Nutrition Manager
REVISED & BOARD APPROVED: February 8, 2016