Custodian, A Shift
Job | Posted 3 days ago
TYPE OF POSITION:
A-Shift, 5:30am - 2:00pm
Hours may vary based on program needs
Director of Building and Grounds, Head Engineer, Assistant Engineer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Similar job related experience
The Custodian is responsible for keeping a running inventory of all cleaning supplies and submitting request to Lead Custodian. The successful candidate will be required to respond to repair calls for such activities as replacing broken light, cleaning up non-toxic spills and removing damaged assets. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, administration, visitors and anyone else he or she encounters on the job.
- Follow through of cleaning programs assigned such as but not limited to: sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, waxing, cleaning bathrooms, washing tables and chairs, empty trash and recycling.
- Assist building administrators and other support staff in scheduling special events, setting up for these events, and other special tasks as assigned by building administrator
- Performs preventative maintenance on building equipment.
- Use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the buildings clean and professional.
- Respond to repair requests quickly and with a professional manner.
- Adhere to the District’s safety policies to create a safe work environment.
- Participate in grounds work including snow removal and landscaping
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The methods of performing the essential job duties require the following physical demands
- Continuous standing and walking
- Frequent stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, sitting, walking, standing, hearing, talking, and seeing
- Frequent lifting and/or moving of equipment, supplies and furniture
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Frequent pushing and pulling
- Work with various chemicals and follow Material Safety Data Sheet
- Work with personal protective equipment in dealing with body fluids
- Working outside during inclement weather
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION DEFINITIONS:
- Special License: Employee must pass the State license examination
- Second Class: Employee must have a Special License and work under a First Class operator, or higher, for at least one year
- First Class: Employee must have a Second Class license, or higher, and work under a First Class operator for an additional two years
- Chief’s License: Employee must have a First Class license, or higher, and work under a Chief operator for an additional two years
- Certified Pool Operator: Employee must complete 16 hours or training every five years; the cost of training and certification shall be paid by the School District
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.
St. Cloud Area School District 742
1000 44TH AVE N STE 100, SAINT CLOUD, MN 56303-2037
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200