Assistant Teacher for Reach Program - 2020/2021 SY
Job | Posted 10 days ago
Purpose: To serve as an integral member of the classroom instructional team by assisting the teacher and district in providing services that support the district's mission to educate all children to higher levels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare lessons for appropriate learning for individual students or small groups of students under the direction of the program coordinator or teacher.
- Provide instruction to individual students or groups of students under the direction of the program coordinator or teacher.
- Administer, score and record achievement and diagnostic tests under the direction of the program coordinator or teacher for the individual students or small groups of students.
- Devise special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
- Operate and care for equipment and instructional materials.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, field trips and in other non-classroom activities as needed.
- Check notebooks, corrects papers and supervises testing and make-up work.
- Attend to non-instructional duties such as snack, toilet and clothing routines.
- Serve as a chief source of information to colleagues, supervisor and/or principal, as applicable.Alert the regular teacher or program coordinator to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned by the teacher or program coordinator, as needed.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of a licensed teacher.
- Participate in in-service training programs, as assigned.
- Perform related duties as appropriate for the position.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & Qualifications:
- Must meet NCLB Para compliance requirements, as applicable.
- Experience/training in working with children.
- Such additions and alternatives to the above qualifications as may be appropriate and acceptable.
- College coursework related to educator training preferred
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions effectively.
- Exhibits good judgment, patience, tact and courtesy.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of, at a minimum, the essential functions of the position.
Danbury Public Schools
63 BEAVER BROOK ROAD, DANBURY, CT 06810-6211
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479