2nd Grade Teacher
Job Description: The teacher is responsible for delivering engaging and differentiated instruction that is aligned to the curriculum and learning standards. The teacher establishes a culture for learning within the classroom, ensuring that students grow academically, socially, and emotionally. The teacher maintains regular communication with parent(s)/guardian(s) with regard to the instructional program and student progress.
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License with an elementary education endorsement;
- Ability to assess the learning of students and modify or enhance instruction as needed;
- Ability to analyze various forms of data and use the information to make instructional decisions;
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles;
- Individual must be able to incorporate technology as a means of enhancing their instruction;
- Able to work with a diverse student population and establish open and regular communication with parents and guardians;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Starting salary of $43,209;
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package;
- Employee assistance program offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to eight years of verified full-time public school teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- We offer a mentoring program for teachers who are new to the District.
Application Procedure: Submit application on-line www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.